Friday, October 18, 2013

I Give You MUSIC

I wrote this a month-ish ago. 



Everyday I kill my dreams
Because I don't believe in me.
Not in my voice or my body.
My ambition or my ability.

One person can tell me not to bother.
And I'll believe them.
One look can kill my hopes.
Even the strongest encouragement can't compare.

I don't believe in me.



Here's the litany that buries me
I can't be
Creative or unique enough for the world to want to see.
I can't stick to an idea long enough 
To give it possibility

I fail once and I'm done
Preferring to leave the dream unsung
Then watch it fail again.
There's nothing powerful enough to make me finish a song

Because I know that
Success is empty.
It's all empty.

Nothing I can achieve
Will make me
Happy


Then I recorded this today.



Whaddaya say we look at what I just said, and we scrap it, you know?
You see, well, I only get like that when I stop believing in God. 
You see my hope isn’t actually in me.


It’s not actually in me. 
It’s in... God.

And I, well I, when I stop believing. 
When I start looking at myself and trying to find purpose in myself. 

Um it’s easier to talk when I have an accent 
because then it doesn't sound like me 
and then I don’t have to credit it to myself. 

You see.
I don’t believe in me.
And, that’s the way it’s supposed to be.

Cause I don’t have the strength or the love 
to do anything worth dreaming of.
I was made to know and worship the Perfect One. 

So all the dreams with myself involved are too small.
Too small to get me goin'.

What gets me goin' is when I believe 
And I think that God is capable of anything. 
And that in heaven there will be perfect love 
and perfect joy 
and perfect hope. 

That’s pretty cool I think.

Um I have nothing else to say.

Except for, I need God. 
And it’s only when I spend time in Him that I’m okay.

And that He is the source of my life .
And that when I reject Him things just go downhill.