Saturday, October 5, 2013

Inheritance Incorruptible

God's Words to Hosea regarding His people Israel.
In Brief.
8th Century BC.
God: 
"They do not direct their deeds towards God, for the spirit of harlotry is in their midst and they do not know the LORD. The pride of Israel testifies to his face; therefore Israel and Ephraim stumble in their iniquity; Judah also stumbles with them (4:4). For I will be like a lion to Ephraim, and like a young lion to the house of Judah. I, even I, will tear them and go away; I will take them away, and no one shall rescue. I will return again to My place till they acknowledge their offense. Then they will seek My face; in their affliction they will earnestly seek Me" (4:14 -15).

Hosea:
 “Come, and let us return to the LORD, for He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up. After two days He will revive us; on the third day He will raise us up. That we may live in His sight. Let us know, let us pursue the knowledge of the LORD” (6:1-3).

God: 
“Woe to them, for they have fled from Me! Destruction to them, because they have transgressed against Me! Though I have redeemed them, yet they have spoken lies against Me. They did not cry out to Me with their heart when they wailed upon their beds” (7:13-14).

Hosea: 
“Do not rejoice, O Israel, with joy like other peoples, for you have played the harlot against your God. You have made love for hire on every threshing floor. The threshing floor and the winepress shall not feed them, and the new wine shall fail her (9:1-2). You have plowed wickedness; you have reaped iniquity. You have eaten the fruit of lies, because you trusted in your own way” (10:13).

God: 
“Yet I am the LORD your God ever since the land of Egypt. And you shall know no God but Me; for there is no savior besides Me (13:4). I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. O Death, I will be you plagues! O Grave, I will be your destruction” (13:14).

Hosea:
 “Who is wise? Let him understand these things. Who is prudent? Let him know them. For the ways of the LORD are right; the righteous walk in them, but transgressors stumble in them” (14:9). 

Read this again.
Except put me in Israel's place.
Still true?
Unfortunately, yes.

Or fortunately?

Fortunately. 

Though I sin, God remains faithful.
Though I sin, God remains my incorruptible hope.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls" (1 Peter 1:3-9).